Cross Season has Started!

Cross Season Opener - BC Cup #1 - Fort Langley

The first race of the season was held on Sunday in Langley. It was a true cross race with lots of mud and some showers. Our Active Life Multisport team was represented by Amanda Butler and myself, Heather King, in the Masters race. Amanda was riding super strong until a flat took her out of the race. I was happy with my solid ride to finish second to start the season as defending BC Masters Champion.

If you would like to try cyclocross I will be hosting some informal cross workouts on Tuesday afternoons at 4:30pm at Inter River Park in North Vancouver. We will meet at the northern-most parking lot by the baseball diamonds. We have a mini cross course set up to ride! If you are interested please e-mail me at heather@activelifephysio.ca. These are informal club events.

Future Cross Races on the Schedule Include:
September 12 or 13 - Nanaimo ?
October 3 - New Brighton Park
October 4 - Vanier Park
October 24th - Coquitlam ?
October 25th - Maple Ridge -
November 1 - North Vancouver or Coquitlam
November 15th - Seattle
Novembr 28th - BC Cup Finals
November 29th - Provincials

Women's Masters races starts at 11am.

I will be aiming to bring the tent to most of the races so you (yes I am hoping to convince some of you to come out and try the races or watch - there is a beginnger/ try cross out category first thing on race day!)/ we have a place to hang out/ catch up. Some snacks and drinks will be brought to the races!

I look forward to seeing you out on the bike or on the trails with my running shoes!

Have fun staying active in life - Heather